“Harbor Technologies have impressed us with their attention to detail, quality customer service and ability to deliver a cutting-edge product that is both practicable and affordable. The floats that they have constructed for coastal Maine communities are a well-built and attractive alternative to the traditional wooden float."
-Kevin Rousseau, Maine Department of Transportation
Two Floats installed at Morris Yacht's Service Facility in Bass Harbor, Maine
Our floats are a first of its kind all composite marine dock system built for public, commercial or residential use on the waterfront. Developed as an alternative to the use of CCA pressure treated wood in the marine environment which can leach chemicals such as arsenic and copper, it provides a number of other advantages over docks built with traditional materials.
- Lightweight composite construction. Weighs approximately 1/3 of conventional wooden docks. Easy to tow and remove from the water.
- Shallow draft and very stable as a result of the catamaran design.
- Environmentally inert composite construction.
- Durable composite laminate will outlast conventional materials.
- Many custom options.
These floats surpass load carrying capacities required by the Department of Transportation for public docks by over 20%, while maintaining a foot of freeboard. The use of a heavy-duty non-skid on the deck creates a safe and durable surface on which to work.
Custom Features Include:
- Choice of hull color and non-skid colors for the deck.
- Graphics or lettering on the side of the docks hull.
- Internal storage space for gear and a hatch for access.
- Can be refit with internal pump-out tanks for wastewater
- Can be set up for utilities internally.
In addition, the HarborDock makes for an aesthetically pleasing addition to any waterfront and a rugged commercial or municipal dock.
*Harbor Technologies can also design and build a variety of custom floats and docks available for either commercial or residential applications.